Saturday, July 16, 2011

Introduction to Tough Mudder

Well, my rest day is finally here and that gives me a little time to tell you about the Tough Mudder.  Here is the description from the website and gives a great synopsis of the event:

Tough Mudder is not your average lame-ass mud run or spirit-crushing ‘endurance’ road race. Our 10-12 mile obstacle courses are designed by British Special Forces to test all around strength, stamina, mental grit, and camaraderie. Forget finish times. Simply completing a Tough Mudder is a badge of honor.

So even the description scares most away. With an average of only 78% completion rate, this is not an event to take lightly.  The event will be taking place in Wintergreen, VA and I will be driving from Marietta, GA.  That in itself can be tough with an estimated drive time of 8.5 hours.  The course consists of 25 obstacles stretched over 9 miles and an elevation gain of 1250 ft.  The obstacles range from running, ice water pits, wall climbs, fire and electrified hanging wires.  And yes, there will be mud.  

While I have your attention, let me show you around the site.  On the left side, you have my profile, a subscription link, and some videos of the previous events.  On the right side, is links to Aaron's site, my run keeper profile to keep up on my runs, the Tough Mudder main page, and my personal Tough Mudder donation page where you can donate to the Wounded Warrior project directly.  Also there are links to the charities that I have supported through my runs.

Going to try and crank out a 5 mile run tomorrow morning to start the week off right.   I want to leave you with my favorite Tough Mudder video.  At the 5:22 mark in the video is something that I watch over and over again for my inspiration.




1 comment:

Spartan ab workout said...

I really love the pledge, it's inspiring everyone to join even they were fat or something like they just want to try. Loved the video, and Congratulations to all the racers for a great job well done. Thanks. Hell Yeah !!